Hampshire police are appealing for witnesses to two robbery incidents which occurred in Gosport.
The first took place on Sunday 3 September this year. Police were called at 1.11am after a man in his 20s was assaulted in the High Street by three men who tried to take his phone.
The descriptions we have for the three men are as follows:
- First man – white with tanned complexion, roughly 5ft 11ins tall, with fuzzy blond/brown hair, average build
- Second man – roughly 5ft 11ins tall and of average build
- Third man – white with a tanned complexion, roughly 5ft 11ins tall, average build, with a scar across his head and big scar tissues
On Tuesday 5 September, police received a report of a robbery which took place between 10pm and 10.50pm that evening.
A man in his 30s was assaulted by approximately 5 men near the entrance to Grove Recreation Ground in St Vincent Road. He had his trainers stolen and the men then chased the victim to Forton Road.
Two of the men involved in this incident were described as follows:
- Black man with light-coloured skin, slim, under 6ft tall, aged between 20-30 years and wearing navy blue and light grey Nike tracksuit.
- Man described as looking of Turkish descent, very dark coloured hair which was longer on top and short on the sides, his hair on top was pushed backwards and he had facial hair. The man was described as being just under 6ft tall, slim with muscles, aged between 20-30 years, and wearing a light-coloured T-shirt and faded/washed-out blue denim shorts.
Hampshire police have previously appealed for a third robbery incident which occurred in South Street in the early hours of Sunday 3 September. Further details of this incident can be read here.
They are treating these incidents as linked, and are keen to hear from anyone who witnessed these incidents. Or perhaps captured something on Dash Cam or CCTV in the areas listed in the appeal and at the relevant times.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101, quoting 44230356292. You can also submit information to us online here.
Alternatively, you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111. Or via their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org
As part of enquiries, an 18-year-old man from Gosport has been arrested on suspicion of robbery. He has been bailed with conditions until 5 December while enquiries continue.