The group-buying scheme, Solar Together 2023, is now open to Hampshire residents looking to buy high-quality installations, at the right price, from pre-vetted installers.
The scheme, offered by Hampshire County Council in partnership with independent experts iChoosr, means residents who invest now in solar panels or battery storage for their homes will not only benefit from reduced energy bills, but also boost local renewable energy generation – reducing carbon emissions in Hampshire and helping to build resilience to climate change.
Residents have until 27 October to register their interest online, for free and without obligation – www.hants.gov.uk/solartogether
Hampshire County Council’s Executive Member for Hampshire 2050 Councillor Roz Chadd says: “This scheme gives Hampshire homeowners confidence in their decision to make the switch to clean energy, and ensures installation is cost effective and straight forward.
“When it comes to climate change, any action we can take, big or small, will have an impact. So I’d encourage anyone able to invest in home solar panels to consider registering their interest by 27 October. Not only will they reap the rewards in terms of reducing energy bills. But they’ll generate and use green energy, shrinking our wider carbon footprint.”
How it works
- Homeowners have until 27 October to register online to become part of the group for free and without obligation.
- Pre-vetted UK solar Photo-Voltaic (PV) suppliers participate in an auction enabling them to offer competitive pricing, as the volume and geographic concentration make it greater efficiencies possible – which they pass on through lower installation prices.
- From 9 October, registered householders will begin to receive a personal recommendation.
- Those registered have up to four weeks to accept their recommendation. Once accepted, the details of their installation will be confirmed with a technical survey, after which a date can be set for their solar PV system installation.
- Support, including telephone and email helpdesks, are on-hand throughout the process allowing households to make an informed decision in a safe and hassle-free environment.
Hampshire’s districts and borough councils have once again partnered with Hampshire County Council and iChoosr Ltd, to offer this opportunity to all Hampshire homeowners.
Residents who accepted their installation offer through Solar Together recommend the scheme:
“The process was professionally managed, and the installation was excellent with skilled engineers providing all the information required. I can’t fault the process.”
Derek in Sherfield on Loddon, who had 10 panels and battery storage installed. “The process was very easy, and the information provided clear and useful.”
Clare in Alton, who had 12 panels and battery storage installed. “Our experience with Solar Together has been overwhelmingly positive. The installation was carried out within a few weeks and looks great on our slate roof. We are delighted with our choice and would have no hesitation in recommending Solar Together.”